Our client is the leading distributor of foods in Canada. It operates in that critically important space between manufacturers and retailers. It is one of the largest distributors of food in Canada. With 3 distribution centers and 4 sales offices across Canada, the company can reach over 90% of the locations where food is sold and served in Canada. It employs over 350 people, generates revenues between $300M-$500M and is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario.
This role is the most senior IT role in the organization and reports directly to the President.
The primary responsibility for the position is to develop an IT strategy to support the strategic vision of the company. As well, the incumbent must develop a plan to operationalize the vision and execute on that vision. The responsibilities include directing, organizing, and controlling all IT services while collaborating with all Tree of Life departments in the pursuit of new efficiencies while maintaining a stable system and information availability.
This role is responsible for budget planning, capital Expenditures proposals and executions, software development, BI databases for the Canadian Systems, IT controlled projects, Operational Support including first contact service desk inquiries, Network and Phone Communications, and Photocopier fax maintenances contracts. Responsibilities also include all the infrastructure needs for three warehouses and three office locations.
- 10+ years in a senior IT leadership Role (Director or higher)
- Strategic planning skills: Proven track record of building and implementing IT strategies and plans to support business goals.
- Leadership skills: Experience managing and leading a large team.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to work effectively with leaders in different business units to ensure a comprehensive IT strategy that benefits the entire company.
- Project/Change management skills: A proven track record managing people through improvement projects and successfully supporting organization through technology changes
- Technical Skills: Thorough knowledge of IBM systems, new and emerging technologies both hardware and software. Understanding of EDI, AS400, BI design, telecommunications and networking is also required.
- Financial acumen: Experience managing expense and capital budgets.
For more information, please contact Jason Peetsma at firstname.lastname@example.org