About the Company
Privately owned and operated, our client was founded in 2006 and today is a recognized leader in face-to-face retail sales program delivery, with almost 1000 employees. The company takes great pride in its customer service, providing services to large organizations to outsource their in-person, face-to-face marketing with a goal to sell products, (e.g.,cell phones, credit cards, and other high-margin products and services). The company invests in its employees by providing them with exceptional training and development, ensuring upward mobility as well as personal and professional growth.
With all the changes going on in the world, the growth of eCommerce was sped up by 4-6 years (according to Forbes Magazine). Customers are now expecting a high-quality digital experience from their retailers and will shop with brands that provide that experience. To address these changes, the company created an offshoot Saas Company located in Toronto, Ontario.
This cutting-edge company is the result of our client looking for a software solution to help run its business. Unable to find a solution, it saw a gap in the marketplace and decided to build the world’s most intuitive and efficiency-focused platform themselves, spinning off this new Saas based company.
With an investment of $3M to date, they are currently being leveraged by its parent company’s existing resources to fund, develop, and user-test the software. They have put together an impressive board of advisors to help build and scale the company. Advisors who have built and sold a CRM system for $1.9B, a founding partner of Creative Disruption Labs in Toronto, and an advisor who sold his first SaaS company for $400M by the time he was 30.
Reporting directly to the CEO this newly created role has the mandate to plan, create, and implement the overall product marketing strategy for the SaaS company. The VP in this role is the voice of the customer, the mastermind of messaging, enabler of sales, and accelerator of adoption.
This person will be a key driver in the company’s future growth, through launching new products, enabling a sales force, ideating on key campaigns and go-to-market strategies, and evangelizing innovations in digital experience optimization. The selected candidate will be at the center of the company’s marketing, sales, and product teams. They will work closely with the Product Management team to help drive the product launch and go-to-market strategy for new features. They will work closely with Account Managers, Account Executives, Enablement, the broader marketing team, and Sales Engineers, and enable them to effectively position the products and solutions, and differentiate the company’s offerings from its competition(storytelling). They will be an integral part of the success of the company’s product, as they create and manage the product’s specific marketing strategy, but will also serve as a liaison between all three of these departments, ensuring everyone is on the same page with the product, its features, capabilities, and more.
- End-to-end ownership of product marketing (both strategic vision and tactical execution) for the company’s software are rapidly growing cross-channel offerings, including defining the vision and strategy of the Product Marketing team.
- Strong experience selling and marketing to enterprise customers on a global scale.
- Create product positioning and messaging for the company’s digital experience optimization and experimentation products, services, and solutions.
- Build the strategy and lead the execution of product launches and partnerships, including pricing, packaging, positioning, etc.
- Create sales tools and collateral including presentations, datasheets, case studies, demo videos, and white papers. Train and lead the company’s sales team and channel partners to articulate product positioning and advantages.
- Design and launch campaigns designed to create measurable pipeline impact and impact brand awareness with key enterprise buyers.
- Support the execution of effective lead generation programs through new business and customer-focused field-marketing events, trade shows, PR, webcasts, and online advertising.
- Support the company with content to increase coverage of the company’s software in key analyst publications, trade, business, and national press.
- Develop relationships with key customers, helping to turn these customers into references.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a creative, talented, and dynamic SaaS Product Marketing professional looking to either take the next logical step in your career to head up and lead product marketing for a well-capitalized, high growth organization or looking to make a lateral move as a current leader of Product Marketing and are eager to be a part of another success story and leverage your experience. The ideal candidate will have been exposed to the marketing of a fully automated freemium model, from demand generation to freemium adoption, through to automation.
If you have a growth mindset and have built a high-performing product marketing team and bring a predictable track record of successfully launching and growing SaaSProducts within a retail environment or B2B e-commerce, we would love to meet with you.
Candidates must have the following experience to be considered:
- 10+ years of product marketing experience for a B2B SaaS organization that targets a primary enterprise customer base.
- Experience in product marketing for a fully automated freemium model. From demand generation through to adoption.
- Experience in cross-functional areas such as pre-sales, sales, product management, or strategy is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at all levels of the organization—from the end-user (technical buyer) to the decision-maker (economic buyer)—with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mindset who can engage and educate customers and prospects. Strong presentation skills at both a conference level and 1:1 with specific customers and prospects.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly as well as plan and execute on deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of the marketing and/or product tech categories, with previous experience serving as a subject matter expert.
- Ability to prioritize projects effectively, juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Experience managing events including trade shows, webcasts, and conferences is a plus, with confidence to present to audiences of any size.
- Candidates with MBAs are preferred.
For more information please contact Jason Peetsma at Jason.email@example.com