About the Company
Our client is both an IT asset disposition (ITAD) company and an end-of-life electronics recycler. Through this strategic pairing of services, they cover every step of the IT disposition process, from data destruction to refurbishment, resale, and recycling. It has eight facilities in Canada: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Brampton, Toronto, Barrie, Ottawa, and Montreal, as well as Costa Rica, making it the largest e-waste recycler in Canada, and one of the largest in North America.
- Employees: 400+
- Revenue: Private
- Ownership: Privately held
- 5 yr. Growth Rate: 16%
- Reports into: CEO
- Direct Reports: 20
- Estimated Compensation: $180- $220K Base + STIP
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned legal and corporate development executive with proven experience working in an in-house role where they have created policies, and organizational operating procedures as it relates to the legal function as well as corporate development. This Vice President will have been exposed to various functions throughout their career and will have a successful track record of delivering results in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
This ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys working in a growth-oriented culture so they can make a positive difference to their team, the business, and their community.
This leader will be well versed in analyzing various acquisition targets and will have a passion for (M&A). Throughout their career, they will have successfully led through change and have clear examples of building “A” teams and inspiring them to achieve results without sacrificing company culture.
The impact you will have:
Due to continued growth and long-term vision, the company is looking to bring in a seasoned legal and corporate development executive to become a part of the senior leadership team. This individual will lead the legal and corporate development activities within the organization while working closely with the President and other senior leadership team members to execute strategic growth plans.
What are we looking for?
- Proven legal experience working in either a law firm and/or an in-house role
- Proven experience in corporate development where they have demonstrated their ability in executing all aspects of transactions including mergers & acquisitions, due diligence, execution, and integration.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)., Provides guidance & support to senior leaders, in negotiations with external parties such as stakeholders, financial institutions, and acquisitions targets.
- Has successfully led an organization through an acquisition strategy, identifying areas of improvement, and ensuring staff members were well equipped to work through and embrace change.
- A bachelor’s degree and successful completion of a law degree.
Egility is committed to creating and fostering culturally diverse, equitable, and inclusive organizations. We recognize the value in a wide range of ideas, perspectives, experiences, and skillsets in our client’s workplaces. Our client is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, 2019 and all applicable provincial accessibility standards, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Egility and our client throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Due to high volume, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job description. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. The Recruiting team at Egility will retain your application materials and may contact you regarding future opportunities.