Our client is a private equity-owned sporting goods company with a primary focus on North America and Europe. The company has three operating segments giving it a balanced business model that provides a consistent flow of revenue across several product categories, sports seasons, and geographies. Collectively it employs over 500 employs and generates over half a billion in annual revenue.
This is a digital leadership role designed to enhance and unify all digital assets of the company. First and foremost, this is an opportunity to be a digital leader, someone who is capable of successfully driving the transformation effort across the whole enterprise on a multi-year journey to digital excellence. That is a lot to expect from any individual. However, it also represents perhaps today’s most exciting and essential corporate role, as the company faces up to the new strategic challenges and business imperatives of the digital economy.
Reporting directly into the CEO, this newly created role has a simple mission: To make the company digital.
The role will enable digital across all functions of the company to drive growth and strategic renewal by transforming the organization’s traditional businesses into digital ones, with a special focus on creating new value through the smart use of digital tools, platforms, technologies, services, and processes. Our client is seeking a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial leader to reset the IT roadmap, build and assess their pool of talent and galvanize the team as they grow and evolve.
It is expected that this person will accomplish the following:
- Build and implement a clearly defined and compelling digital strategy for the company’s future and ensure that all relevant digital initiatives are fully integrated into the strategic-planning process for leadership commitment, resource allocation, and execution.
- Implement new digital business models with an eye toward strategic growth and change.
- Serving as a Cross-Functional Change Agent: you must be the company’s central leader and integrator in the digital transformation process, driving digital innovation serving as an intermediary between all other executives and functions in the rollout of digital initiatives and capabilities, fully integrating business and technology, and closing digital performance gaps that exist in and between the various functions and business units of the organization.
- Measuring ROI on Digital Projects: Digital innovation and transformation initiatives should create value by, for example, improving customer engagement and loyalty, driving new revenues, or achieving new efficiencies. Since these results are measurable, you should monitor and report on the ROI outcomes of digital projects and investments – linked to enterprise KPIs – with the goal of demonstrating the positive impact of these initiatives.
- Expanding the Digital Innovation Ecosystem: Build, manage and continue to grow an internal and external digital innovation ecosystem, tapping into competencies across and beyond the organization (in an external partner network) to apply digital technologies to the business.
- Developing Digital Talent: The demand for digital innovation and transformation is currently outstripping the supply of qualified talent in the market and inside organizations. You must, therefore, work closely with HR to attract and retain top talent and to build digital capabilities across the company.
Beyond a superior digital skillset, the ideal candidate will have a track record of organizational change management processes and initiatives. He/she will be able to mobilize employees to adapt to new digital business processes throughout the company. They will have the ability to lead different types of teams, guide projects, overcome hurdles, and deliver integrated change.
They will be astute in understating the digital space in various industries and having the foresight and strategic thinking to know what other industries and companies are doing and bring that thinking and repurpose different digital strategies to the business. They will bring a bold vision and a contagious obsession over the customer. He/she will be keenly aware of trends and have extended networks of people, technologies, and ideas far outside their company, continually scanning the small -business landscape to identify possible acquisitions or partners that can provide complementary capabilities.
He/she must be a collaborative leader as they will be working across all three businesses and multiple functions.
In addition, they will be working closely with the IT leader, VP manufacturing & Souring. Externally, they will be working with various external entities on the technical side of the customer experience. Therefore, an individual who can think quickly and pivot when required will be key. He/she will need to make decisions sooner, faster, and with great conviction and comfortable doing so even amid ambiguity, with incomplete information, and in unfamiliar domains.
As a result, the ideal candidate will have examples and experience in which they have engaged the company for impact—making those decisive decisions while at the same time communicating a clear course for the business by obtaining buy-in among their employees and other stakeholders. He/she will provide keen insight into their stakeholders’ priorities with an unrelenting focus on delivering business results.
Finally, the ideal candidate will know how to adapt proactively and have a growth mindset. They will have clear examples of building “A” teams and inspiring them to achieve results without sacrificing culture.
Candidates must have the following experience to be considered:
- 10+ years working at the senior digital level in a consumer industry.
- Experience in collaborating with multilayer teams of professionals and engaging various stakeholders.
- Experience in connecting a consumer product to a consumer through digital.
- Visionary and Futuristic mindset.
- Track record of producing results.
Want to learn more?
Feel free to reach out directly to Nancy Massey at Nancy.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply.