About the Company
The company is one of Canada’s fastest-growing and progressive scrap metal recyclers.
- Employees: 300+
- Revenues: C$800M+
- Ownership: Family
- 5 yr. Growth Rate: 20%
- Reports into: Manager, Human Resouces
- Direct Reports:
Who you are:
As a member of the HR team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for the execution of full life cycle recruitment and process to support their mission and growth strategy.
The impact you will have:
- Responsible for the management of full cycle recruitment, including sourcing, strategy, phone interviews, presentation, and selection. After completing training and familiarizing oneself with the operational procedures at CMI, the senior talent acquisition specialist is expected to manage 10+ searches simultaneously.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to ensure understanding of requirements and to gain business Knowledge for successful recruitment.
- Track applicants in HRIS Recruitment Platform Manage external job board postings and recruitment tools.
- Coordinate candidate pre- and post-interviews and follow-up communications.
- Schedule interviews with candidates, hiring managers, and HR Business Partners.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Business Partners and Human Resources Administrator to ensure all administrative components are completed.
- Manage and report all recruitment metrics with input from the Human Resources team leading best-practice improvements to their recruitment processes to attract and retain top talent.
- Help the senior leadership team introduce and implement a new Dayforce platform to help meet the company’s human capital management needs for HR, payroll, workforce management and talent management.
- Identify current weak points and strategize a way to improve internal business processes with the help of the senior leadership team.
- Support other HR projects as required.
What are we looking for?
The best candidate will be detailed and results-oriented with 3-5 years of strong Human Resources experience. They are required to have a strong working knowledge of current employment legislation, Human Resources principles, pronouncements, and regulations pertaining to HR Operations with an ability to successfully apply this knowledge to the organization they have worked with.
The ideal candidate will know how to navigate through a fast-paced, growing, and changing culture with the ability to make decisions efficiently and effectively.
The ideal candidate must have superior oral and written communication skills, combined with strong computer skills (i.e., MS Office applications) to both articulate the message and facilitate presentations clearly and concisely. Additionally, they will have a proven ability in creating and maintaining an environment that is productive and fun to be a part of.
Candidates must have the following experience to be considered:
- 4+ years of recruitment experience.
- Ability to identify, manage and communicate KPI’s.
- Experience managing stakeholders (Clients and/or Hiring Managers) expectations
- Track Record of managing more than 10 open positions
- Strong track recording in managing Days open to close.
- Strong knowledge of candidates sourcing and recruitment tools (LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, etc)
- Sense of Urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to story tell and sell an opportunity.
Egility is committed to creating and fostering culturally diverse, equitable, and inclusive organizations. We recognize the value in a wide range of ideas, perspectives, experiences, and skillsets in our client’s workplaces. Our client is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, 2019 and all applicable provincial accessibility standards, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Egility and our client throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Due to high volume, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job description. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. The Recruiting team at Egility will retain your application materials and may contact you regarding future opportunities.