Welcome to Egility!
Egility is a fast-growing, data-driven executive search firm that helps the world’s most innovative companies identify and recruit progressive talent. We’ve built innovative software, leveraged leading-edge HR Technology, and combine that with the best talent acquisition practices in the World to provide actionable data to create the best in class experience for our clients, candidates, and our team members.
Yes, we do things very differently. We are not your father’s headhunting firm and are refreshing to many. We leverage data and technology more than any search firm to be faster, more accurate, and navigate the talent landscape with precision. Innovation is embedded in our culture. We believe in finding executive solutions, taking risks, and learning from them. We place a premium on transparency with our clients and each other. We work with nice people; we collaborate constantly and there is no hidden agenda. We are vested in each other’s success and extend the professional courtesy.
Join us in driving the next revolution in talent acquisition.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Egility is looking for a Research Intelligence Associate (RIA) with exceptional ability to find people, data, and business intelligence.
This is not your traditional executive search firm researcher role where you will be doing name generation research, digging, and entering information into a database built-in 1996 in a small broom closet converted into an office with no windows referred to by the grey-haired partners as the migraine room. If you work for one of the traditional search firms, you know exactly what we are talking about and are smiling as you read this.
At Egility our databases are state of the art, cloud-based, self-populating, with A.I Technology and automation built into it. We have advanced tools to help create sophisticated strategies and this role is client-facing. Yes you will be part of client briefings, updates supporting the delivery of projects working shoulder to shoulder with a partner. We would not have it any other way.
The researcher is having to become multi-talented, with knowledge across a much broader range of industry sectors and job functions. Now, if it’s something like a Chief Customer Officer you will need to be able to assess the candidate’s capabilities across marketing, customer service, operations, and digital, whereas in the past things have been much more linear and single-faceted.
This role requires you to be digitally savvy. Shattering the antiquated perception of the backroom team that studied library science, researchers (and librarians) are trending younger, with better digital skills and often a greater grasp than partners have of the very technology that Egilitiy’s clients are seeking You s must be able to leverage online tools, understand social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and applications that track the activity and influence of prospective candidate.
In addition, you will know how to communicate with candidates who prefer mobile communication technology to email: apps like WhatsApp, and WeChat. Especially in emerging economies, the tools for sourcing are changing fast and our researchers need to stay updated.
In addition to deploying the latest technologies to identify and communicate with candidates, sometimes our researchers have to get creative. What happens when there are individuals who aren’t on social media platforms? When the request is ‘get a balanced slate of candidates’ our response cannot be ‘we can’t find anyone.… Our job is to find those people. There are also executives who have sparsely populated profiles. Finding hard-to-identify candidates or details about more private executives may require some digging. You can find various facts and figures on who they are, but the canny researcher will spend the time and the effort to obtain information from sources that are not necessarily always on hand.
That is what leads to research intelligence: the ability to actively ‘mine’ one’s networks to obtain additional information in the course of a potential search.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
- Grit: Perseverance and a willingness to get the job done.
- Organizational Skills: Staying on top of multiple time-sensitive responsibilities.
- Communication Skills: Sharing and receiving information freely and openly.
- Personal Responsibility: Accountability and intrinsic motivation to succeed.
- Drive & Curiosity: your role is to ultimately to uncover intelligence on an organization or a candidate.” Therefore, to be a success you have to have an innate sense of curiosity not just about the work or the engagement, but more generally about the world at large. The ability to go above and beyond will only be accelerated if you genuinely seek to understand what it is that they’re involved in. Curiosity and a drive for learning and how to improve.
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
- Find intelligence on people and business where no one else can.
- Organize this intelligence into actionable insights.
- Help people find a career they love
- Help companies continue to innovate and make an impact.
- 3-5 years of research experience.
- Candidates who have worked in a search firm may be given priority
- Ability to present in a way that is concise and deliberate, and thoughtful.
- Lead through ambiguity and constant change and being a proactive partner to other teams members necessary for a successful recruiting experience (client groups, HR, Finance, and Coordination)
- Candidate experience is our highest priority when attracting leaders for our clients. Each interaction from first contact to onboarding must be exceptional. A focus on this is our expectation.
- Methodical and thoughtful in all communication with your partners with attention to every detail
- Bachelor’s degree in a research-related field.
WHY WORK FOR EGILITY?
- Opportunity to work from anywhere.
- Exposure to the most innovative technologies and Artificial Intelligence shaping our industry. Become the disruptor, not the disrupted.
- Competitive Base compensation with a bonus structure that has no limit.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Exposure to best practices in the industry
- Industry training and certification program
- Collaborative and supportive team.
- Challenging, diverse projects across multiple industries.
- Client-facing opportunities.
Egility is committed to creating and fostering culturally diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. We recognize the value in a wide range of ideas, perspectives, experiences, and skillsets in Egility’s workplaces. Egility is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, 2019 and all applicable provincial accessibility standards, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Egility and our client throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Due to high volume, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job description. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. The Recruiting team at Egility will retain your application materials and may contact you regarding future opportunities.