Welcome to Egility!
Egility is a professional services firm transforming executive talent acquisition with the use of cutting-edge technology and data analytics. Our mission is to radically change talent acquisition. Our team is experts in talent acquisition, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and enterprise solutions. We’re applying our experience in delivering technology at scale to solve finding the right people at the right time. This is our mission. This gets us going every morning.
One of the fundamental building blocks behind delivering our mission is data, and mountains of it. Not just any data, but the best, most accurate and up to date data on people, companies and industries As a research associate you will be front and center in finding, analyzing, sorting and reporting on this data. It is an important role and one we value greatly. but don’t worry, you are not alone. Egility has attracted some of the best minds in this field to help you along the way; we have a former intelligence agent, the ex head of research and knowledge management from one of Canada’s biggest Pension funds, and a team of data scientists to help you along the way. Not to mention a team of some of the best in their field to support you.
You will report into the Senior Knowledge Manager and play part investigative research, part consultancy, and part analytical, the role is varied and requires emotional intelligence, an understanding of business, and a good eye for detail. This role will provide excellent insight into company operations, information management, and marketing. Indeed, our best consultants have joined the group as researchers and credit a large part of their success to the training and grounding they received in this role.
As a Research Associate you will…
Conduct data-driven market, company, and people research. You will identify prospective candidates, build out profiles in our database, identify contact details, and validate that information. In doing so, you will analyze the data for competitive insights and business intelligence. Our Research Associates also build organizational charts for target companies. It’s a little like piecing together a giant jigsaw puzzle. Research Associates figure out how companies are structured, which people are working in what teams, and what product groups are within each team. So, it helps if you are adept at analyzing corporate information, spotting patterns, and data visualization. In addition, our researchers thrive on the challenge of finding the perfect candidate. (In fact, not finding the ideal candidate occasionally keeps us up at night…. literally!!!) In other words, we do a lot of online research and when we recruit, we do a lot of calling. (So, it helps if you like to pick up the phone and actually talk to people.) We build trusted relationships as we gain insights and gather market, talent, and organizational intelligence.
- Conduct market, company, and candidate research.
- Inputting data into our online database accurately and timely.
- Analyzing information to develop insights and business intelligence.
- Alerting us immediately of any issue or problem with recommended solutions.
- Checking research to ensure it is accurate, error-free, and ready for reporting out to the client.
- Running reports for weekly meetings with clients and other reports as needed.
- Managing research to ensure projects are delivered on- time.
You will be successful in this role if….
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You like helping people. You get a kick out of getting people to those aha! moments. You are patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure.
- You pay attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You think on your feet, you like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re customer-centric Whether current or prospective, what’s best for your customers is what guides your decision-making.
- You bring strong Microsoft office skills, Word, Exceptional Microsoft Excel Skills – do you know what a pivot table is and how to create one?
- You are good at working remotely.
To land this gig, you need to have some experience researching. It doesn’t need to be traditional research in talent acquisition. We encourage diversity of thought and looking at problems differently. Just make sure we can see where you picked up your helping-people and finding answers to problem super powers somewhere in your resume.