Our client is an independent, privately-owned boutique family office, which provides comprehensive, objective, net worth management to wealthy Canadian and global families. The company is Canada’s leading family office and acts as a private Chief Financial Officer to successful families, with a dedicated team of professional advisors who oversee their client’s complete financial affairs. Typical clients have a family net worth of $20 – $500 million. Our client has become the leader in its field and has been regularly selected as the # 1 independent family office in Canada. (Euromoney’s Global Private Banking Survey and Family Wealth Report Awards).
A commercial leadership role designed to lead drive expansion and growth.
The family office industry is just now coming into its own and poised for substantial growth. Our client is the best-positioned firm to achieve it. The company is considered to be significant thought leaders and leading lights in the industry, punching well above its weight class in influence and impact. The company is profitable, debt-free, and prudently managed, which allows it to invest in infrastructure, hire and retain good people, and weather the inevitable storms. If there was ever a time to join the company and have an ability to influence its growth, it is now.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role has a simple mission: to grow the firm’s revenues and new clients. The individual who fills this role will be an important member of the leadership team and will participate in key decisions about strategic growth objectives.
It is expected that the Managing Director will accomplish the following to achieve an “A” performance:
- By 2026, triple the number of clients from 75 to 225. This would break down to an average of 15 – 30 new clients per year over five years, depending on the size of the client and client base.
- Build a strong professional reputation through interactions with external sources by year two.
- Professionalize business development by developing an organized, proactive, repeatable, and professional business development process within the first year.
- Help develop a culture and practice of business development among all staff within the first year.
- Develop a strong relationship of mutual respect and trust with the client service group and the rest of the team within the first year.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a consistent and predictable track record in business development among high net worth clients. They will be able to demonstrate their ability to find, attract, and retain Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) clients. They will have worked in wealth management, family office, or professional service sales role previously. They will have a foundation in investments, planning, and life issues that UHNW clients face to allow a good discussion with prospective clients.
They will have an advanced designation, lending them credibility with potential clients and an understanding of the role of the trusted advisor.
They will be keen to take on the next growth/change mandate or be in a position to step up to the top revenue–focused role in a high growth company. They must have a sense of ownership and pride in their performance and be a critical thinker. This will be an individual who can think quickly and pivot when required. They make smart decisions quickly and with confidence. The successful candidate must have good problem-solving skills, excellent time management, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and be a strong leader with an adaptable, innovative mindset.
Candidates must have the following experience to be considered:
- 5+ years working at the executive level Sales in wealth management, family office, or professional service environments.
- Proven track record of finding, attracting, and retaining Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) clients ($30M+).
- Graduate degree and/or certification related to the industry (CFP, CPA/CA, CFA, LLB, etc.)
- Experience in working in an entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
For more information please contact Theresa.Wilson@egility.ca
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply.