About the Company:
Our client is a leader in the development and manufacture of colour cosmetics, skincare, and personal care products for clients that include prominent international brands and leading international retailers with locations in both Toronto and California.
- Employees: 600+
- Revenues: C$75M+
- Ownership: Private Equity
- 5 yr. Growth Rate: 17%
- Reports into: Vice President Sales
- Direct Reports: 4
Who you are:
You must have experience working with different brands and managing formal business-to-business commercial relationships, ideally in the consumer goods industry. You must be consultative in your sales approach and able to build a high-performing team that reflects this. You will have a hunger for growth opportunities and understand that challenges enable leaders to learn new skills, paving the way for career development.
As a strategic and results-oriented sales leader, you will build a well-thought-out sales map and manage the entire sales cycle while building strong relationships with clients. You must be financially literate and make decisions based on available data, adapting your sales approach to the various clients of Cosmetica, which range from small emerging brands to large, sophisticated cosmetic brands.
You will have a strong work ethic and a team-focused leadership approach. You will be solution and support-oriented, collaborative, transparent, and direct, with an ability to build respectful relationships and communicate persuasively with others. Your disciplined and process-focused approach will enable them to work with the culture of the business, engage the executive team and staff, and implement sales processes and strategies aligned with Cosmetica’s short- and long-term revenue goals.
As a strong succession candidate, you will be positioned for growth within the organization and specifically as a member of the executive team, while reporting to the Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Product Development.
The impact you will have:
This is an opportunity to lead the East-Coast sales functions while spearheading a commercial agenda through a team of 4 Business Development Executives and Managers overseeing the company’s cosmetic brands in North America and the UK. Your mandate will be to develop an innovative sales strategy, as well as to develop and deploy a culture of growth and a winning mindset within the sales team. You must develop a team that can work with other functions to help evolve and execute both the short-term and long-term strategy of the organization.
What are we looking for?
Candidates must have the following experience to be considered:
- Overall Sales Experience: Experienced sales leader with 7+ years in manufacturing sales. Developed and maintained client relationships, created sales strategies, and drove sales growth.
- Leadership: 5+ years of leadership experience: people management and talent development, including training, coaching/mentoring, and team building.
- Financial & Business Acumen: The candidate has demonstrated their ability to effectively create sales targets, communicate business objectives, and can execute the business plan that has been created.
- Tech Savvy: MS programs and collaboration tools, in addition to CRM and ERP systems.
- Communication & Adaptability: The candidate possesses superior communication and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to articulate and implement a clear, compelling vision. Adapted and excelled in a diverse environment to achieve sales targets.
- Travel: Flexibility to travel quarterly to the USA and UK.
Egility is committed to creating and fostering culturally diverse, equitable, and inclusive organizations. We recognize the value of a wide range of ideas, perspectives, experiences, and skill sets in our client’s workplaces. Our client is an equal-opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, 2019, and all applicable provincial accessibility standards, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Egility and our client throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities.
Due to the high volume, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job description. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. The Recruiting team at Egility will retain your application materials and may contact you regarding future opportunities.