Headquartered in Toronto, our client is an independent, privately-owned boutique family office, which provides comprehensive, objective, net worth management to wealthy Canadian and global families. Our client is Canada’s leading family office and acts as a private Chief Financial Officer to successful families, with a dedicated team of professional advisors who oversee their clients’ complete financial affairs. Typical clients have a family net worth of $20 – $500 million.
Reporting directly to the CEO this is a newly created role has a simple mission: to develop and execute a strategic marketing plan within the company, This member of the executive team is going to collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure that the strategy of the organization supports the firm’s strategic plan including the growth of up to 225 clients over the next five years.
The firm has established a solid brand and is committed to further enhancing its brand positioning and thought leadership with innovative marketing and communication strategies and programs.
It is expected that the Director of Marketing & Communications will accomplish the following:
Marketing strategy and planning
- Develop, execute, and evaluate a strategic marketing and communications plan for the business based on the firm’s goals.
- Create an annual marketing plan/ budget, calendar, written processes, and success metrics.
- Develop and communicate a clear vision/ value proposition for clients and prospects.
- Analyze the competitive marketplace and communicate your findings to senior management.
- Survey clients to understand their issues and enhancing our ability to communicate our message to prospective clients. As well as use the data collected to improve client satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance and integrity in all marketing activities.
Communications and brand building
- Manage the project of updating the firm’s website in the first 6-12 months.
- Ongoing management of the firm’s website after it has been modernized.
- Lead, manage, and write client communication, including newsletters, reading lists, and other client interactions.
- Initiate monthly webinars for the client base, invite internal/external speakers, send invites.
- Conduct client educational sessions.
- Lead and manage the company’s presence on all social media platforms (LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.), monitor and increase traffic on these platforms as well as the website.
- Implement and manage the firm’s SEO strategy to ensure we are accomplishing its goals.
- Initiate and lead marketing initiatives to help grow revenue.
- Create, manage, and edit the content on all platforms.
- Drive the firm’s thought leadership/content marketing activities to ensure the company maintains its dominant position in the industry.
- Utilize internal data and industry data to recognize and adapt to changing trends.
- Develop and maintain a clear, consistent, and appealing design style across all marketing material.
- Proactively manage public relations and media relations.
- Plan and manage all (in-person and digital) client and prospect events.
- Manage the company’s awards and accreditations to build its public profile.
- Manage internal staff communications.
- Work with external partners to execute the company’s marketing and communications strategy (as necessary).
Business Development/ Client Service Collaboration
- Work closely with business development and client service staff to achieve the firm’s revenue growth and client retention goals.
- Partner with the business development team to develop appropriate tools, materials, collateral, and resources.
- Work with business development and client service teams to implement appropriate messaging and sales strategies to get the attention of the most difficult and hard-to-find audiences.
- Develop marketing and communications materials that the firm can use to target specific types of prospects (i.e., successful entrepreneurs, wealth inheritors, high-performance professionals, single-family offices, etc.)
- Help develop prospect pitches and proposals.
- Help lead the firm’s response to RFPs from prospective clients.
- Help to train staff to communicate the company’s messaging.
- Help to manage CRM system (Salesforce) to generate regular reporting of sales and marketing activities
- Work with client service staff to launch (and in some cases manage) new products and services for clients e.g., web portal, new portfolio reporting system, next-gen education program, responsible investing strategy, etc.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the professional services, financial services, investment, or wealth management industry
- Expert knowledge of marketing channels/ techniques including print, digital, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), events, email marketing, and SEO
- Proficient in marketing software and tools such as WordPress, CRM, Google Analytics, email automation, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Professional
- Strong creative, strategic, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot unique marketing and business-building opportunities
- Ability to exercise good judgment and move projects forward without the need for daily oversight from firm leadership
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with all staff and firm leadership
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects based on firm needs
- Proactive, creative, and a natural initiator
- Desire to build a long-term career in a unique environment
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a consistent and predictable track record in marketing among different client groups. They will be someone with strong business acumen, an innovator, and a forward thinker with a record of accomplishment and experience in leading change in an environment with significant recent and ongoing growth. They will be in a Director Level role which is the highest-ranking role in the marketing department.
The role requires a high-energy, results-oriented individual with a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and a team-focused,” hands-on” leadership approach. It also requires an approach that is solution and support oriented; collaborative, transparent, and direct, and an ability to build strong respectful relationships and communicate effectively and persuasively with others.
The successful candidate must have good problem-solving skills, excellent time management, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and be a strong leader with an adaptable and an innovative mindset. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a growth mindset and will know how to adapt proactively to correct errors and improve outcomes.
- Demonstrated success with creating and implementing strategic marketing and communications plans.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and results-oriented with proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders.
- Expertise with marketing technologies and tools (e.g. automation tools; SEP; web platforms; analytics and social media). Knowledge of content marketing.
- Skilled written communicator with an eye for detail
- 5-7 years progressive Marketing experience in professional services, investment, wealth management, or financial services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or other related degrees.
For more information please contact Nirali Vithlani at firstname.lastname@example.org