Our client is a publicly-traded, retail company with over 300 locations in Canada, United States, and Asia and employs over 2,000 people. In addition to its traditional retail footprint, it also ships its products to 50 countries globally with its e-commerce capabilities.
Our client is looking to hire a sophisticated and progressive CIO to help them redesign, modernize, and reposition their global IT organization. Reporting directly into the CEO, this is a change-focused mandate where the candidate will be tasked with evolving the conversation about technology and in partnership with the senior leadership team, propel the company forwards through utilizing technology effectively.
Our client is seeking a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial leader to reset the IT roadmap, build and assess their pool of talent and galvanize the team as they grow and evolve.
- Assess the current IT infrastructure, resource deployment and efficacy of solutions;
- Develop an IT vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution;
- Reset IT priorities to enable broader business/enterprise objectives and strategies;
- Review and reset strategic service provider partnerships (relevance, costs, SLAs);
- Oversee data analytics and business intelligence, financial system development and support, compliance and regulation, infrastructure, security, business continuity, technical services, and technology innovation;
- Optimize processes and decision making across IT;
- Align IT risk management with enterprise risk management principles;
- Assessment and development of IT talent;
- Define key performance metrics, reset targets, align to funding model;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Technology;
- MBA or graduate degree in a related field, such as computer science, engineering, etc. is preferred;
- A successful track record with a similar size and complexity of organization;
- Experience in CPG/Retail preferred but not mandatory;
- Experience designing and managing an effective IT governance framework across the spectrum of IT service delivery;
- Experience as the head of IT or the second in the company looking to advance their career is preferred/required