Here’s your chance to join one of North America’s leading full-service distribution companies. Our client operates several facilities across Canada and the United States, providing products and services that are essential to commercial and residential construction as well as the production and shipment of industrial goods.
Canadian-owned and operated they opened in 1950’s from humble beginnings with just a single employee, the team has grown to 300 skilled, compassionate individuals. Over the past decade it has made a number of acquisitions and has been recognized as Canada’s 500 Fastest-Growing Companies; repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies; recipient of the Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses among many more.
Recently a leading private equity firm took a majority investment into our client and is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy moving into new markets. With committed and well-capitalized owners, an experienced management team, and a strong reputation in the market, our client is well-positioned to grow revenue by an additional 50% or more, increasing EBITDA by upwards of 3X.
Our client is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to help lead the company into its next stage of growth.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will manage a team of 12 and provide leadership for the company’s financial strategy, the integrity of accounting systems, corporate budgeting, management control/financial management, and strategic-operational forecasting. You will lead the accounting function of the business and will oversee the implementation of operating systems.
You will provide direction and advice to ensure overall value-maximizing for corporate and shareholders’ benefit and provides key input for shareholders-owner reporting, intercompany transactions, and tax planning.
You will be actively involved in the development and execution of the company’s strategy by attending quarterly board meetings (comprised of shareholders and industry experts/independent directors), and weekly meetings with the Private Equity firm. You will oversee and support merger and acquisition activity including assessing, structuring, and financing opportunities while maintaining an approximate 15.6% Compound Annual Growth Rate.
You Will Be Successful In This Role If…
- You have a measurable track record of success with a growth-oriented company and finance leadership experience: Relevant finance leadership experience in a company that has undergone considerable growth.
- You’re a team builder: Demonstrated experience managing and building a small yet high productive finance team.
- You’re a collaborator: Embrace working cross-functionally, breaking silos.
- You’re customer-centric: Whether current or prospective, what’s best for your customers is what guides your decision-making.
- You’re obsessed with KPI’s Data, and best practices. Prior experience in building dashboards and comfortable looking for strategic opportunities.
- You’re an innovative CFO with Deep expertise across multiple performance channels and the ability to design successful KPI’s to address company goals.
- You’re a progressive thinker: You go beyond the typical “content download to BDR cadence” playbook. You’re open to experimentation and are consistently looking for fresh ways of growing and innovation.
- You have experience in M&A
- You have been exposed to leveraged finance and cash management-focused environment
Things You Should Know…
- Who you report into Chief Executive Officer.
- Expectations: Strategy leadership and hands-on finance executive.