Our Client was founded in 2006, and is focused on acquiring and partnering with leading, growth-oriented medical practices across Canada. They are a $300M+, 100% Canadian operated organization with over 190+ locations from coast to coast.
Berkshire Partners completed its acquisition our client with a deal value of over $1 billion. The acquisition will allow our cleint to further invest in their footprint across Canada and provide the flexibility to continue to grow through acquisitions in the coming years. Berkshire Partners is an investment firm with a long history of partnering with Canadian companies. Their goal is investing in growth companies and working closely with their management teams to realize the full potential of each business.
Reporting directly to the CEO this role has a simple mission – to be a critical financial executive partner to the CEO and prepare the company for strategic growth.
It is expected that the Chief Financial Officer will accomplish the following:
Build a clearly defined financial planning & accounting strategy that is scalable for the company’s future.
- Ensure that financial and operational insights are provided through the development of tools, processes, and systems.
- Measure the organization’s performance against defined budgets.
- Work with the leadership team to set annual organizational objectives whereby finance supports the operational objectives with an eye towards strategic financial growth to being a billion–dollar firm in the next 5 years.
- Be the central finance leader developing, preparing, and maintaining financial statements while leading the annual departmental budget process.
- Monthly and quarterly meetings with the board, responsible for preparing financial reports.
- Oversee and support the mergers and acquisitions activity and the creation of integration plans.
- Serve as an intermediary between the escalation of accounting and tax matters and be the point of contact for external auditors.
- Oversee the working capital, cash management, and credit activities while guiding cash flow, planning, investment management, and asset management.
- Develop forward-looking predictive models that provide insight into the firm’s operations and business planning.
- Stay current with best practices regarding federal and provincial accounting practices.
- Advise on appropriate technological and financial solutions that meet the information requirements with respect to the financial resources.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team and participate in critical decisions providing insight into strategic initiatives, operating models, and operational execution.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have amassed 10+ years of experience in a rapidly growing multi–unit consumer–facing company and are looking for an opportunity to build and scale a best-in-class finance team for success. You will have been exposed to various finance functions throughout your career and can speak with inspiration and passion for the business. You have a track record of leading a high-performing finance team. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to establish a strategic approach to financial management with a laser focus on developing strong business processes. You understand that this is critical for VetStrategy as it continues to scale its infrastructure, and as the lead finance executive, your ability to support the company’s aggressive growth agenda is key. The ideal candidate will have an executive presence, a proven track record in leading a broad finance function, thought leadership, and executive partnership.
You will have a sense of ownership and pride in your performance as it relates to the impact on the company’s success while possessing the traits of a critical thinker and intellectual curiosity. You must have problem-solving skills, excellent time-management, and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and be a strong leader with an adaptable, innovative mindset alongside being a great team player. You must be forward–thinking while exhibiting a humble attitude and being honest and transparent in accommodating a relationship–focused approach with both clients and the team.
Candidates must have the following experience to be considered:
- 10+ years leading a finance function, ideally within a high growth, multi-unit consumer–focused environment.
- Skillset and deep understanding of mergers and acquisitions, FP&A profitability management, strategic planning, & Private Equity.
- A strategic approach to financial management with a focus on developing strong business processes.
- A predictable track record of strategic financial stewardship.
- CPA plus an advanced degree in business/finance/accounting is preferred.
For more information please contact Jason Peetsma at: email@example.com or Michael Mundy at Michael.Mundy@egilityintel.com